There’s something wrong with IE, Firefox or Chrome that the search queries are habitually redirected to clicksor.com? Is it caused by a certain virus? How should I get rid of clicksor.com redirect? This post will explain the questions and provide a detailed manual removal guide which is proved to be practical and effective.
Something behind clicksor.com That Are Not Known to You
Clicksor.com is a seemingly-harmless website with the title of Online Contextual Advertising and Behavioral Marketing Services. Obviously, there supposes to be a service-oriented company who provides solutions or suggestions for advertisers and publishers. But when digging out the truth behind the domain, clicksor.com is a manipulated one with a shady purpose to make profit via the pay-per-click diverting traffic. The scam is propagated as a Google Redirect Virus which is good at such tricks when sneaking into the compromising system without explicit user notification as a bundle of unsecured freeware or shareware. When infected, another redirect sign which attracts your attention may be the message stating that the documents has removed, or a spinning wheel with ‘Loading…’, all after that the search queries will be rerouted to clicksor.com. Besides, the virus also tries to make chaos on the infected computer. Only by taking drastic measures to completely remove clicksor.com virus can you prevent such bug continues its malicious activities on your computer. Besides, researchers also detect some of its Trojan traits which is a big threat to the related users.
How clicksor.com Affects the Computer?
- Modifies system registry in the cause of be synced with Windows loading.
- Causers numerous redirects and replaces the default homepages with its preset ones.
- Tracks user browsing history and transfers the packed file to remote hackers.
- Steals banking account stored, or by capturing the key strokes.
- Modifies desktop with missing icons, also deletes icons the shortcuts from start menu.
- Intends to introduce other malware to further corrupt the system.
- Generates loads of ads and slows down the machine speed by consuming much CPU.
What Should I Do to Rid Myself from clicksor.com Redirect Virus?
The virus or the Trojan is remarkably stubborn to resist external removal attempt. Furthermore, the bug keeps in touch with remote server to remain up-to-date with the newest variation. And the pest itself is deeply hide following its sneaky infiltration by rooting itself into legit system to keep off the detection and elimination. You’d better take manual means to uninstall clicksor.com.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Manually Remove clicksor.com?
Step 1 : Go to Task Manager with Alt+Ctrl+Delete and stop its process.
Step 2: Search for and delete its related files in Local Disk C:
%Program Files%\Serw.clicksor.com\clicksor.com.exe %UserProfile%\Desktop\Serw.clicksor.com.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Serw.clicksor.com\clicksor.com.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Serw.clicksor.com\Help.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Serw.clicksor.com\Registration.lnk %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\clicksor.com.lnk
Step 3: Navigate to remove the registry entries associated as below in Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\13376694984709702142491016734454 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “1337669
- Hijacked by Chicleart.net – How to Remove / Uninstall Chicleart.net Redirect
- How to Remove Crackle.com Redirect Virus – Crackle Removal Guides
- How to Remove Thefindfinder.com Redirects, Thefindfinder.com Uninstall Guides
- Remove Search.Alot.com Redirect Virus Permanently (Hijacker Manual Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Stubborn Search.gboxapp.com Virus Safely and Completely-Easy Instruction
- Search.fantastigames.com/453 Manual Removal Instructions-Step by Step Guide
- How to Remove Find-asap.com Redirect Virus-Save Your Browser From Redirect Virus
- How to Get rid of search.smartsuggestor.com Redirect-Step by Step Instructions
- How to Remove Browser Virus iamwired.net From IE, Google Chrome & Firefox Completely
- Remove Backdoor:Win32/Poison.AU - Completely Delete and Get Rid Backdoor:Win32/Poison.AU
- How to Remove TrojanDownloader:win32/Seveto.A Completely - TrojanDownloader:win32/Seveto.A
- Get Rid of Webwhiteway.com Virus Manually - Complete Removal on Webwhiteway
- Remove Worm:Win32/Dorkbot!lnk Completely, Virus Removal Guide
- Good Way To Get Rid of Trojan.Vundo - How to Remove Trojan.Vundo
- Can I Remove Worm.Win32.VBKrypt.m - Worm.Win32.VBKrypt.m Removal
- Delete Worm.win32.riskrun.a Virus (Manual Removal Help)
- How to Completely Remove BackDoor-CEP.gen.au Virus From Your PC?
- Hijack By click.livesearchnow.com Redirect Virus? Browser Hijacker Virus Manual Removal Method