Is your computer compromised by Windows Defender virus? This is a fake application which is dangerous to the infected computer. So you need to follow the manual remove guide to remove Windows Defender completely.
Whether Windows Defender is legit or not?
Many computer users are confused when they heard Windows Defender virus. Actually, Windows Defender itself is not a virus, it is a free software of Microsoft which helps to protect user’ computer. But there are many malware creators aim at this legit software and make use of its normal name and interface. They steal Windows Defender’s name and interface so that more innocent computer can accept it. You should keep in mind that there is a fake Windows Defender which is harmful to your system. When you find Windows Defender is installed in your computer without your permission, please uninstall it quickly in order to protect your system.
Windows Defender Screenshot
Can I get rid of Windows Defender completely through antivirus software?
Many computer users have antivirus programs on their computers. However, the antivirus programs can not catch security protection successfully. That’s because security protection is very stubborn and it prevents from the scanning of any antivirus. To remove security protection completely, it needs a manual removal with expert skills to ensure the complete 100% deletion. And do you know how to do that? That’s alright, you can follow the removal instructions as below and remove security protection from your computer safely and thoroughly.
Manual Windows Defender Removal Instructions
1. Get rid of the following related files created by Windows Defender:
%Documents and Settings%All UsersDesktop %Documents and Settings%All UsersStart Menu Windows Defender.lnk
2. Open Registry Editor (in Windows XP, go to Start Menu, run, type in “Regedit” and press OK; in Windows 7 & Windows Vista, go to Start menu, Search, type in “Regedit”), find out the registry entries of Windows Defender:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareWindows Defender HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallWindows Defender HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "Windows Defender"
Manual removal is a complex and hazardous process. If you delete the wrong files or registry entry, which may cause irreparable man-made damage to your computer. If you’re not professional, it is recommended that you back up Windows registry first before carrying out the approach. Can’t remove Windows Defender virus by yourself? Please click to chat with 24/7 online PC experts, your problem will be fixed IMMEDIATELY.
- How to Remove Fake Windows Home Patron Virus? Windows Home Patron Manual Removal Guide
- Uninstall Fake Malware Protection Center Manually – Easy Guide to Remove Malware Protection Center
- Manually Remove Fake Home Security Solutions Virus (Uninstall Guide)
- Manually Remove Fake FakeSpypro, Delete FakeSpyparo Virus Completely
- Remove Fake AV Secure 2012 (Virus Manual Removal)
- Remove Fake Cloud AV 2011 (Uninstall Guide)
- Remove Fake AV Protection 2011 (Virus Manual Removal Help)
- How to Remove System Protection 2012 Virus – Uninstall Fake System Protection 2012 Manually
- Remove Microsoft Defender Enhanced Protection Mode Virus (Manual Removal Guide)
- How to Remove/ Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Dishigy.B Thoroughly and Manually in a Flash?
- Uninstall Trojan.Js.Win32.Cromex.a Completely – How to Remove Trojan.Js.Win32.Cromex.a Effectively
- How to Get Rid of Rootkit.0Access.64 Virus Effectively - Completely Uninstall Rootkit.0Access.64
- Manually Remove MyFunDeals.info Completely- How to Eliminate MyFunDeals.info Manually
- Effectively Get Rid of Win32/medfos.de Virus - How to Delete Win32/medfos.de Infection Manually
- Get Rid of Backdoor.Win32.ZAccess.aug Manually - Guide to Remove Backdoor.Win32.ZAccess.aug
- How to Remove Worm:Win32/Autorun.AEB Virus, Delete Worm:Win32/Autorun.AEB Manually
- Remove Malware Protection Virus (Fake Malware Protection Manual Removal Guide)
- BrowserSeek.com Hijacker Removal - How to Remove BrowserSeek.com Manually