Failed to connect to the iTunes Store with (-9812) error? Are you searching for an effective way to fix iTunes error -9812? This post and its supported technician team will help you walk through it.
What is iTunes error -9812 about?
iTunes error 9812 occurs when you try to get access to iTunes Store which is a basic part of iTunes where you can download or purchase music, movie, online TVs or applications for free or with charge. The error is mainly caused by network failure or improper iTunes installation and corrupted or unreadable Windows registry. With this error, you cannot open iTunes online media store or sync anything. So it’s important to repair iTunes error -9812 as early as possible.
Below is iTunes error -9812 format:
“iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-9812). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”
How to Fix iTunes error -9812?
1. Reestablish the web connection by turning modem or router off and turning it on several minutes later and then try to access iTunes Store again from iTunes.
2. Reinstall the latest version of iTunes.
3. Test Internet to ensure the normal networking.
Or you may accomplish this test with iTunes self-contained test module after or before its re-installation.
4. If network and iTunes itself are not the problem, please follow below to continue.
For Mac users:
Create a Test user.
From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
From the View menu, choose Accounts.
Give the new user a name and short name.
Select the checkbox for “Allow user to administer this computer”. This makes the user account an administrator.
Click OK, or quit System Preferences.
If resolved in the new user, the issue may be with VeriSign certificates in your login keychain under the main user.
- Quit all open programs.
- In the Finder, from the Go menu, choose Utilities.
- Open Keychain Access.
- Highlight the login keychain. If unable to find the login keychain, click the button in the lower left corner to show keychains.
- Under Category, choose Certificates.
- Look for an entry with a name beginning with VeriSign.
- Highlight all entries which match that description.
- From the File menu, choose Export Items....
- After exporting the entries, from the Edit menu, choose Delete.
- Choose ‘Delete’ if asked.
For Windows Users:
Make sure you have update for roots certificates for Windows. You can get the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=KB931125&p=0&r=10&t=&s=availabledate~Descending
Notes: Generally you can fix iTunes error -9812 make iTunes store connection back to normal with above tips. If you are still confusing with the fix procedure, please click here to contact a 24/7 online expert.
- Remove Backdoor.Win32.Iroffer.fj - Completely Delete and Get Rid of Backdoor.Win32.Iroffer.fj
- Can't Remove Smart Protection 2012 Virus - Manually Uninstall Smart Protection 2012
- Manually Uninstall Worm:Win32/Dorkbot.A Virus (Virus Removal Help)
- Remove Flame Worm Effectively and Completely - Guide to Get Rid of Flame Worm Manually
- How to Remove Fake Clean Security Virus? Clean Security Manual Removal Guide
- How to Remove Searchya.com Browser Virus - Searchya Toolbar Removal Help
- Cannot Remove Fake Apple Security Center (Virus Apple Security Center Manual Removal)
- Can I Remove W32 Blaster Child-Porn.ProxyServer(Removal Instruction)
- Cannot Uninstall Searchnu.com/416 Hijacker - Searchnu.com/416 Virus Manual Removal