Failed to connect to the iTunes Store with (-9812) error? Are you searching for an effective way to fix iTunes error -9812? This post and its supported technician team will help you walk through it.
What is iTunes error -9812 about?
iTunes error 9812 occurs when you try to get access to iTunes Store which is a basic part of iTunes where you can download or purchase music, movie, online TVs or applications for free or with charge. The error is mainly caused by network failure or improper iTunes installation and corrupted or unreadable Windows registry. With this error, you cannot open iTunes online media store or sync anything. So it’s important to repair iTunes error -9812 as early as possible.
Below is iTunes error -9812 format:
“iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-9812). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”
How to Fix iTunes error -9812?
1. Reestablish the web connection by turning modem or router off and turning it on several minutes later and then try to access iTunes Store again from iTunes.
2. Reinstall the latest version of iTunes.
3. Test Internet to ensure the normal networking.
Or you may accomplish this test with iTunes self-contained test module after or before its re-installation.
4. If network and iTunes itself are not the problem, please follow below to continue.
For Mac users:
Create a Test user.
From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
From the View menu, choose Accounts.
Give the new user a name and short name.
Select the checkbox for “Allow user to administer this computer”. This makes the user account an administrator.
Click OK, or quit System Preferences.
If resolved in the new user, the issue may be with VeriSign certificates in your login keychain under the main user.
- Quit all open programs.
- In the Finder, from the Go menu, choose Utilities.
- Open Keychain Access.
- Highlight the login keychain. If unable to find the login keychain, click the button in the lower left corner to show keychains.
- Under Category, choose Certificates.
- Look for an entry with a name beginning with VeriSign.
- Highlight all entries which match that description.
- From the File menu, choose Export Items....
- After exporting the entries, from the Edit menu, choose Delete.
- Choose ‘Delete’ if asked.
For Windows Users:
Make sure you have update for roots certificates for Windows. You can get the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=KB931125&p=0&r=10&t=&s=availabledate~Descending
Notes: Generally you can fix iTunes error -9812 make iTunes store connection back to normal with above tips. If you are still confusing with the fix procedure, please click here to contact a 24/7 online expert.
- Cannot Remove Backdoor.Beasty - Backdoor.Beasty Manual Removal
- Get Rid of Trojan.win32.reboot.h Completely (Manual Uninstall Guide)
- Troubled by Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.IO Virus, Remove Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.IO Manually Step by Step
- How to Get Rid of Trojan-sms Completely, Manual Trojan-sms Virus Uninstall Guide
- Best Way to Remove Backdoor:MSIL/Pontoeb.N Virus, Easily and Completely
- Uninstall Trojan-PSW.Onlinegame!rem Thoroughly - Manual Removal Method
- How Can I Remove Autorun.PB Effectively - Autorun.PB Manual Removal Instructions
- What is Resulturl? Best Way to Remove Resulturl, Easily and Completely
- Manually Remove Mal/FakeAvCN-A Virus - Manual Guide to Uninstall Mal/FakeAvCN-A